Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sorrow (cont'd)

Now I can discuss...
Yesterday, EM and Ellie (and Nanny) left for Philadelphia. That's right. The mean old ladies (EM and Nanny) took daddy's baby girl, and left me here all alone (well, I'm not really alone - I've got two sad sacks for dogs moping around the house to keep me company - yeah).

The reason I couldn't talk about this cruel and senseless abduction (other than it being too painful for words) is that fact that they went up there for a surprise bridal shower. Uncle Bill and Aunt Dani are getting married in March, and so it was decided that now would be a good time for the shower.

Anyhow, I spoke with EM today and last night. Everything seems to be fine. Ellie handled her first flight pretty well. We think her ears must have bothered her a bit, though, since on the ride from the airport Ellie was a crying mess according to EM; but, other than that, she's fine albeit out of her routine.

The girls come back Sunday night, so I'm about half way through this ordeal. I hope Uncle Bill and Aunt Dani appreciate this gesture. After all, no tangible gift we give could compare to the generosity and sacrifice displayed this weekend by yours truly.

I miss you Ellie! Daddy loves you!




-ED

4 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Too bad switching back into bachelor mode is prevented by the I'm-a-Daddy-now ratchet.

Anonymous said...

Poor guy! And you don't even have the Wolfies to watch on tv today to keep you distracted. Man your team sucks, and your weekend does too....life is so rough. She'll be home tomorrow. Have no fear.

Ellie's Parents said...

Where's the love?!

Anonymous said...

Ellie, you are so lucky to have such a loving daddy!