Monday, December 3, 2007

Joy(?)

I got home this morning around 1am. I stopped by Ellie's room just to look at her and stroke the top of her head. I went to bed comforted by the knowledge she was home.

Then, around 7:30am, I was awakened by the sound of Ellie stirring. As I walked in her room, our eyes met and it was impossible for us to contain our smiles - what a joy to be reunited with my baby girl! This feeling, however, changed just a bit when I picked her up... and... felt... and smelled... the present she left for me. Blowout. Back to reality....

In any event, it's been nice to get back in touch with my little one. I swear she's taller than when she left. More vocal, too. Welcome home, Ellie. I missed you.

-ED

2 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Absence makes the pharts grow fouler?

Ellie's Parents said...

Two blowouts, actually; and, yes, they were quite foul. What can I say? She saved her best for daddy!