Wednesday, September 5, 2007

And the day turned to night

When Ellie cried herself to sleep, around noon, it didn't last long. However, it was just enough of a nap to get me through the next period of activity: I fixed myself lunch and heated her bottle. Her feeding went well and sated her enough that I could shower and get ready for the dentist without incident. Nanny arrived on time and I was off... only to have to take a long ^&*%#$ detour... thanks for the non-warning DOT! As such, I was five minutes late for my appointment. Aargh!

Anyhow, upon my return, I learned that Ellie napped for 45 minutes for Nanny and I walked in the door to find EM feeding a very content baby girl. From there Ellie did nothing but nap. I think the poor thing was tuckered out from fighting sleep, and me, for the better part of the morning. Also, in retrospect, I think she was a bit traumatized; after all, she'd never spent a day without mommy.

It'll be interesting to see if all of this late day napping impacts her sleep pattern tonight. Nevertheless, at least Ellie and I survived today and hopefully we both learned a little something that will help with the upcoming days so that they might be a little less trying for us both. Time will tell. I love you Ellie Rose!

-ED

No comments: