Saturday, May 24, 2008

Play date

Recently, we've been thinking about how to socialize Ellie. She's been pretty much all ours for the past 11 months and, like it or not, we know we need to start sharing her with the rest of the world. So today Ellie and EM took a local facility for an age appropriate trial run while I tried to recover from working the night before. The class was small (I think that's good), but the instructor was uninspired (I know that's not good). The price seems to be right (at least for the introductory period), but we're not quite sure the schedule will mesh with the odd hours we keep. Consequently, we rate this place as a big, fat maybe. We'll try another soon and see how that goes. Please feel free to chime in with any alternate suggestions.

-ED

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We need to put Kinsey and Ellie together for some interaction. That might be entertaining!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Katie - especially once Ellie starts walking! Also, the Central Library downtown has Book Babies at 10am each Monday, and Tuesdays at 11am is the Toddler Time. And it's free. Personally I thought the Baby one was better b/c there were a lot more kids there.

Ellie's Parents said...

Good suggestions, ladies. Thanks.
ED

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Church is an option, no?

Ellie's Parents said...

"Our" church is too small to offer anything of the sort; but, we are looking at what other churches have to offer non-members.
ED

Lucy said...

- Library, Central and Reynolda
- Little Gym
- Kindermusik
- That place on Robinhood near Ace Hardware whose name I'm forgetting
- I have a bunch of church-sponsored children's summer events that have been sent to me. If you pop me an email (hippo.hippo@gmail.com), I'll gladly pull out the ones age appropriate for Miss Ellie.