Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Blob

My best friend, Kenny (father of two), commented to me once about how infants are blobs for the better part of their early existence (unfortunately, I can't remember what time frame he put on it). Anyhow, I constantly find myself thinking about that observation and the truth behind it. It's not that it's a bad thing or a criticism or a regret; it is what it is, and it is the truth. So for the better part of the last five-plus weeks we've been living with and caring for a blob. With that said, there's no more adorable, lovable and captivating blob on this earth, in my humble opinion, than Ellie and I will eternally be grateful for her blobbiness and the time I've spent being with the blob. I am also grateful, however, that Ellie is slowly but surely transitioning out of that phase - there's more waking hours, there's more interaction, there's more... everything!


-ED




1 comment:

EG & EN said...

I think it's a good thing you got a chance to associate with some adults tonight.

EG