Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I'm learning so much...

As noted at the outset of this blog, I'm a new parent. As such, I'm learning a great many things I did not know prior to Ellie's arrival. For example:

1. I did not know it was common for a full term (or nearly full term) newborn to lose weight. The key, as it turns out, is that by their second week of life they return to their birth weight. We found out at our first "well baby" visit - at two weeks, five days - that Ellie actually exceeded her birth weight.
2. I did not know how fast I could move. However, at 3am, when EM woke me up and said something about an exploding diaper, I'm pretty sure I set a new land-speed record.
3. I did not know that it is rather common for newborns to hiccup quite frequently. Poor little Ellie - she gets the hiccups a couple of times a day. It's kind of funny (sorry about the orientation of this video) yet it is also kind of sad since I'm sure we can all relate to how frustrating the hiccups can be.

-ED

1 comment:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

She doesn't seem too bothered by the hiccups. She looks like she was in a post-meal happy stupor.

You know you can embed YouTubes right on your home page? Instead of copying 'link' into the post, copy the 'embed' into it. It takes a few moments more to download, but it keeps the readers right on your page.