Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Last year was wonderful as far as all things Ellie goes (not so great otherwise). It was a year marked by many firsts as was discussed, in part, here. There were so many wonderful firsts: crawling, walking, running, dancing, hopping, spinning, hugging, kissing, talking and the list goes on and on. In fact, contrary to the contributions or prognostications of others, I can only think of one not-so-good first: her first cold. Many of these firsts we simply knew would happen, we just didn't know when.

That said, I'm really scratching my head and wondering what firsts to anticipate this year. I mean I know there will be some, it's just that none seem that obvious. Looking at last year's predictions for inspiration: Perhaps a first haircut? Perhaps a first ear infection (hope not)? I don't know. You tell me.

-ED

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this year will mark Ellie's first attempt at being sassy to her parents....time to start punishment...time outs are coming Ellie.

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Maybe the first pee-and-poo in the loo?

Maybe the first decisive obedience where you can see her thinking and choosing to obey.

Maybe the first cinema event?

Maybe the first spontaneous prayer?

Lucy said...

First haircut
First dental appointment
First time sledding (DO YOU HEAR ME, GOD? WE WANT SNOW.)
First somersault
First singing of song a stranger could recognize

You have tons of them to look forward to.

Happy New Year!