Sunday, March 15, 2009

"I'll have the tub of butter, please."

Ellie's appetite has been a bit puny lately. That may be due in large part to the gallons of milk she drinks each day. Anyhow, as EM went through the different lunch options yesterday, Ellie indicated she'd like butter on bread - a butter sandwich, if you will. Upon being served her requested lunch, Ellie promptly opened up the sandwich, scraped the butter off with her spoon and began eating the butter. Just the butter. Strange.

-ED

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I won't knock it....who I am to judge Ellie's strange eating requests?? I'll have a pizza with no cheese please.

Lucy said...

My oldest son once ordered a grilled cheese, hold the cheese. He was quite serious, too; he wasn't trying to be clever.

Anonymous said...

When Mark was younger, he used to eat the butter off of his mashed potatoes and ask for more. Mom finally had to start mixing it in herself. :)