Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Looking back

Nearly a year ago, I made this brief post. There was no need then, and there is no need now, to go into the details. Suffice it to say, the events leading up to that post left me with the very uneasy feeling that daddy daycare would come to an end under terms not of my choosing.

Well, in the last few weeks that feeling has been confirmed and I can now state with certainty that daddy daycare will be coming to a premature end. An exact end date for daddy daycare is not yet known, although it will almost certainly end in the next four weeks.

Everything is, and will be, OK; and, of course, the blog will go on. Still EM and I are very disappointed by the turn of events. Mostly we are sad for our next child (whenever he or she comes along). As for Ellie, I think more and more we have accepted, and come to believe, that the change - in whatever form it takes - will be good for her and her development.

Sorry if this is a bit cryptic, but it has to be... at least for now. Wish us well.

-ED

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Did your work hours change? (I love mysteries!)

Ellie's Parents said...

Yes, the work hours, among other things, will change.

-ED

Ruth Anne Adams said...

If you keep me in suspenders much longer, I'm gonna' belt you.

Ellie's Parents said...

HaHa! Perhaps you could help break the suspense... are there any inquiries you've received that I should know about?

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Not yet. But as you know, I am batting 1.00. No pressure.