Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A day in the life

I thought it would be good to offer a generalized glimpse of what Ellie's average day is like (including a very brief peek at my schedule and EM's). I actually intended to do this around the time of her birthday, but with everything else that was going on at the time I guess it just slipped my mind. Anyhow, here's an average day for Ellie (and us) as she approaches 13 months of age:
  • 4:30am - EM's alarm goes off and/or the dogs wake her up
  • 4:30-5:30am - EM gets ready for work
  • 5:30am - Ellie wakes up (sometime on her own, sometimes with prodding from EM)
  • 5:30-6:00am - EM nurses Ellie
  • 6:00am - I get home (if it's a workday, otherwise EM wakes me up)
  • 6:30am - EM leaves for work; Ellie and I sit down for an episode of Jack's Big Music Show
  • 7-7:30am - Ellie plays mostly by herself as I try to catch up on the news
  • 7:30-8am - breakfast (usually bananas and cereal)
  • 8-8:30am - we pass the time (playing, reading and/or watching tv) in anticipation of her nap (and mine if I worked that night)
  • 8:30am - nap time
  • 10:00am - Ellie wakes up
  • 10-10:30am - playtime and/or a walk
  • 10:30-11am - snack time (usually milk and a few goldfish or animal cookies)
  • 11am-noon - playtime
  • noon-12:30pm - lunch (usually two fruits, a carb and something else)
  • 12:30-1:30pm - playtime
  • 1:30pm - nap time
  • 3-3:30pm - Ellie wakes up, followed by snack time (usually yogurt)
  • 3:30pm - EM comes home, at which time I back off/take a break
  • 5-5:30pm - dinner (usually a fruit, a veggie, a protein and a carb)
  • 5:30-6:30pm - playtime
  • 6:30-7pm - bath time
  • 7-7:30pm - time to wind down and I go to bed if it's a workday
  • 7:30-8pm - EM nurses Ellie
  • 8pm - lights out
  • 8-9:30pm - EM does her thing in preparation of the day to come, and goes to bed
  • 11:00pm - I'm up
  • 11:30pm - I'm off to work
I don't care who you are, that's a full day! No wonder we're always tired. Sigh. But she's so worth it!








-ED

3 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Sounds like a busy, fruitful day.

Congrats on Mama for nursing the whole year!!!! That is such an awesome gift you two share! Way to go!

Ellie's Parents said...

It is worth it! No plans on cutting out the two feedings left. I think if Ellie has her way she'll be nursing for a LONG time!
-EM

Ellie's Parents said...

Hmmmmmmm.
ED