Saturday, April 5, 2008

Fr., 3/28

This is the second part in a series of posts to recount our time attending Uncle Bill and Aunt Dani's wedding in Philadelphia, and travels to and from there, this past weekend. I'm sparing you most of the details:

In my opinion, this was the best day of the trip. We started the day with breakfast with friends. Then Grandpa and I went to the location of the rehearsal dinner to confirm everything, and drop off the wine. By the way, I miss dining at BYOB establishments; I truly think that's the way to go.

Anyhow, from there we were off to visit Philly's finest - Tony Luke's. It was a longer drive than I anticipated (or perhaps the anticipation made it so), but my chicken cutlet supreme was soooo worth it. My recollection from there is that Grandpa, Ellie and I put it on cruise control while the ladies went to get their nails done.

That evening about thirty of us gathered for fine "eurasian cuisine" at the rehearsal dinner. The food was good and plentiful (as was the cake that EM had designed and delivered to the restaurant), and it appeared that fun was had by all. Ellie was super, well-behaved the whole time due in part to the yummy (and different than I am used to) Chinese noodles that were served. Eventually she fell asleep on EM's shoulder. EM and I left a little bit before everyone else, as a result, but that's the way it goes with a baby and, truthfully, we didn't mind as we were still in need of catching up on our rest in preparation for the big day and from the day before.

The noodle



The cake


The hosts



-ED

3 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Did they get married? Did you get home o.k.?

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!!!

Ellie's Parents said...

I'm sorry for dragging this out, but I find it hard to post everyday. It makes what you did pre-lent, and what more dedicated bloggers do, all the more impressive to me.

ED

The Texas Trio said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! Your Ellie is a cutie pie! One more coincidence for you ... my first name starts with Q and Q is Ellie's white dog!

Take care!