Monday, August 27, 2007

And the winner is...

...the Optimist Mom!!!

Many readers of this blog choose to remain anonymous and that's fine (heck, I try to maintain some level of anonymity myself). However, of the readers I know, I had a hunch the woman I like to refer to as RAA would come through. Anyhow, the answer to "the connection" was... song titles:

  • Doctor, Doctor - Thompson Twins
  • Tiny Bubbles - Don Ho
  • Saturday in the Park - Chicago
  • The Connection - Phish
This geeky little exercise of mine underscores my love of music. It's a love that I hope to pass on to Ellie. I can only hope such a love mainifests itself in my kind of music rather than strictly popular music (mind you, I'm not thumbing my nose at all popular music). Moreover, I would love it if she learns to make music as that is a skill that has always elluded me.

I do, however, have a knack for making up songs. It's nothing I would dare call, or equate to, writing music since all I really do is take the tune of a song and change the words. It is nevertheless, in my opinion, a talent (albeit a very small talent) that I possess. Take for instance my latest offering to Ellie (sorry, I can't remember which tune I borrowed):

    Ellie Rose is a cute little girl
    cutest little girl in the whole wide world
    Ellie Rose is cute and sweet
    from her two blue eyes
    to her two little feet.
Even if it isn't talent, it serves it's purpose:





-ED

2 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

My husband has an encyclopedic knowledge of pop music from the 50s-90s because they hazed him at The Citadel during meals with the interrogatory "Who's playing?"

And song parody is a time-honored form of music appreciation. Whatever you love, she'll learn to love because she loves you. I think that explains boys and fathers and their near-religious observance of baseball.

What's my prize?

Ellie's Parents said...

Well, you get bragging rights... and I did offer a framed pic. How about a meeting with Ellie herself?!