Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sparse updates

The frequency of posts have been considerably less over the last two years or so, and I didn't expect Colby's birth to change that. That said, I do feel I owe an apology to our fans (and him) for not having more content (photos) posted. Obviously, a great deal of this has to do with second baby syndrome, but I believe there's more to it than that.

For example, when Ellie was born I had six weeks off from work - this time two. I also worked a different schedule that allowed me more free time. Another difference would be... Ellie. It's hard to do all that has to be done and care for a toddler and a baby and update this blog. Of course, Colby is different too.

I don't know how to say this without it coming across badly, and that certainly is not the intent. But, it strikes me that he is a needier/fussier baby than Ellie was and that comes with a whole other set of challenges/stresses.

Oh, and then there's fall yard work, Thanksgiving/Christmas and illnesses that have been passed around by the three of us (how he has remained healthy is beyond me).

Put it all together, and it makes sense. I don't feel any better about it... the sparse updates, that is... but, I wanted to note, for the record, why it is what it is.

Looking back at posts for her around this same time frame, I wrote about her being a blob (Colby is too, of course) and I shared this special moment (one of my personal favorites). So, it would seem that our little guy is right on track with his big sister. That means the fun should be right around the corner.

-ED

1 comment:

Aunt Laurie said...

Understood! Can't wait to hear more in the near future!!! Love you all!