Thursday, August 14, 2008

No more dining out...

...at least for a while.

AK treated us, me specifically, to a belated birthday dinner (thank you, AK). When discussing where to go, my first suggestion was take out. EM and AK sort of balked at this notion (and I understand why), so I gave in even though I knew what was coming.

You see Ellie is, and has been, in a loud-kind-of-whiney phase. I've especially noticed this the last several times we've eaten out as that is when it becomes most painfully obvious. And I'm certain it is just a phase, as is the case with most baby-related things as I have come to find out over the past year. And I still love my baby girl madly, and I am so proud to be her father. However, that doesn't make this phase any more tolerable especially for those who are subjected to Ellie's outbursts.

After dinner tonight, EM commented that she couldn't enjoy herself or her food (a sentiment I share; sorry, AK); and, after all, what's the point of going out if you're not going to enjoy it? Anyhow, I'm sure we will eventually be able to dine in public again. Sometime. Not just now.

-ED

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Lunches will be better than dinners for a while, though even lunches will be iffy. And yes, it's a phase, I promise. It will ease when she gets more verbal.

Happy belated birthday!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't as bad as you describe...maybe because I haven't had to deal with it quite as often as your guys...hope you got to eat your cake in peace and quiet!!

Ellie's Parents said...

The cake is awesome! Thanks!
ED