Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Shhh... use your indoor voice."

Ellie's been babbling for quite sometime - nothing new there. However, starting this past Saturday, as we roamed the toy aisles of Target, she has added yelling to her repertoire. It's kind of like "HEY DADDY, I WANT THAT TOY!" Or, "MOMMY COME GET ME RIGHT NOW AND FEED ME!" It's kind of funny and, from what I understand, pretty normal; but, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't also just a bit annoying. We keep telling her to use her indoor voice, but so far those are meaningless words to her. I just hope that sooner rather than later she gets the idea.

-ED

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that when she gets rather loud it can be annoying...but when we get her laughing and screeching, it is so much fun...
Nanny

Ellie's Parents said...

We love happy yells!
-EM

Ellie's Parents said...

Not really complaining... it's just too bad that when we are out in public we can't, at this point, do a whole lot to control it.

ED

Lucy said...

Indoor happy shrieks, yay!

Indoor not happy shrieks (which will come soon): She won't understand "indoor voice", but if you cover your ears and wince, then whisper, "Ellie, shhh," she'll get the concept pretty quick. I'm not saying she'll always agree with it, mind, but she'll get it.